mercredi 5 septembre 2012

Just to remind myself that I briefly live


Misunderstood
and disillusioned,
I go on describing this place
and the way it feels to live and die.

The “natural world”
and whatever else it’s called
I drive in and out of town
seeing no edge, breathing sky

and it’s hard to describe
without seeming absurd.
I know there’s no other world:
Mountains and websites

Dark smoke fills the air
some from the fire in my house
some from me driving around

I could see the lights of town
through the trees on the ridge
on my way home in the dark.

I meant all my songs
not as a picture of the woods
but just to remind myself
that I briefly live.

The gleaming stone
the moon in the sky at noon
there is no other world
and there has never been.

I still walk living sleeping
life in the real world of clouds
clawing for meaning.

Still when I see branches in the wind
the tumultuous place where I live
calls out revealing.

"Can you see the river in the branches
and know that it means you will die
and that pieces are churning?"

"Can you find a wildness in your body
and walk through the store after work
holding it high?"

I've held aloft some delusions.
From now on I will be perfectly clear:
There's no part of the world more meaningful
and raw impermanence echoes in the sky.

There is either no end
or constant simultaneous end and beginning.

A pile of trash
the fog on the hill
standing in the parking lot squinting.

Mt. Eerie - Through The Trees pt. 2
Clear Moon (PW Elverum & Sun ; 2012)

Je ne sais plus si je vous ai dit que le meilleur album 2012 était paru ?
La bonne nouvelle, c'est même qu'il s'agit d'un album double : Clear Moon + Ocean Roar, par Mt Eerie (habitué de ces colonnes).

Sans doute à cause de sa distribution confidentielle, cette sortie n'aura eu qu'un mince retentissement ici-bas (les inrocks sont trop occupés avec Lou Doillon ou Two Door Cinema Club)... Heureusement qu'on peut compter sur Radio Campus Paris, ou même des publications mensuelles mainstream comme l'Etudiant pour en parler !
(je ne vous cache pas que tout est lié ^_^)

Je vous mets le morceau, du coup :



Afin de prolonger l'ambiance, je referme cet article par une capture d'écran de Twin Peaks, foggy à souhait... Si je m'autorise le lien, ça n'est pas seulement parce que je revisionne la série en ce moment... mais parce que Phil Elvrum y fit explicitement référence dans un précédent album.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire