samedi 24 mai 2008

forgetting the desire to remember

barefoot, passing through
I knelt down to get a better view
of what grew there
Well what grew there?
scared, heard a terrible sound
lay down played dead
that's when i heard it clearer

in the rushes a voice said :
"you could walk around forever
and never notice me
a little clother in the rushes
hiding down among the reeds"

a seed
i swallowed
it digested quick
but not enough to not make me sick, i lost it
it tasted like a light going off inside my mind

then suddenly i was out of harm's way
forgetting the desire to remember
trance tourist vanished
finished damaged playback
i felt myself unraveling at a race track
i felt myself unraveling at a race track

then i coughed up blood
scraped it off my tongue
sucked it off my thumb
but it was rotten
care, take care
i knelt down but you weren't there
anymore
I was pushed into a bush
in the rushes on the screen
it was all acting

I can't believe it
believe that i had seen it
remembered who was in my arms
remembered when i had arms
it's like a dream
the way that it unfolded
like i'd been in the rushes without knowing
I kissed it but i must admit
I missed it now i forget
like i'd been in the rushes without knowing
you've been forgotten
you've been forgotten
you are forgotten
it's been forgotten
you're all forgotten







Islands
- in the rushes
Arm's Way (Rough Trade, 2008)
www.myspace.com/islandsareforever

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire