lundi 19 mai 2008

My Pillow is the threshold

.

I take decaf coffee, Two sugars and one cream
I don't see the use in staying up just to watch TV.
I unplug all the neon. Turn the ringer off the phone
I throw my thoughts like tomahawks into this world which I
---------------------------------------------------------------[disown

Because the pillow that I dream on is the threshold of a Kingdom,
is a threshold of a world where i'm with you
it's dark and snowy secret, and it has to do with heaven,
and what looks like sleep is really hot pursuit.

I hold your picture in my mind, It makes me warm when I'm cold
It gets me up and it makes me walk /
/ It makes me question what i'm told
Somewhere in a foggy atlas, Look out mountain, look out sea
Life takes time then time takes life. Now the next move's up to me

Because the pillow that I dream on leads to some fantastic glory
It's a threshold of a world i can't ignore
like time unspooled from heaven /
/ Did you find me sleeping in your doorway?
Now i'm here for good, I won't leave you anymore

Silver Jews - My Pillow is the threshold
Look out Mountain, Look out Sea (Drag City, 2008)
www.myspace.com/silverjews

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire