mardi 12 novembre 2013

Definitive top five

I call Caroline the next morning. She's not there. I leave a message. She doesn't call back. I ring again. I leave another message. It's getting kind of embarrassing, but there's no way "Let's Get It On" isn't going in that top five. The third time I try I get through to her, and she sounds embarrassed but apologetic, and when she realizes that I'm only calling to change the list she relaxes.
'OK. Definitive top five. Number one, "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye. Number two, "This Is the House That Jack Built" by Aretha Franklin. Number three, "Back in the USA" by Chuck Berry. Number four, "White Man in the Hammersmith Palais" by the Clash. And the last one, last but not least, ha ha, "So Tired of Being Alone" by Al Green.'
'I can't change it again, you know. That's it.'

Nick Hornby, High Fidelity (1995)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire