samedi 15 janvier 2022

The passing of time is making me sad again

" When you're dancing and laughing and finally living
Hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly "


Paroles de the Smiths, vues et entendues dans le film "Nomadland"... car tatouées sur le biceps d'une des employées que Fern (Frances McDormand) rencontrera, au cours de sa mission dans un entrepôt Amazon. Ne nous privons pas de la chanson dans son intégralité

A sad fact widely known
The most impassionate song to a lonely soul
Is so easily outgrown
But don't forget the songs that made you smile
And the songs that made you cry
When you lay in awe on the bedroom floor
And said, "Oh, oh, smother me mother"

The passing of time and all of its crimes
Is making me sad again
The passing of time and all of its sickening crimes
Is making me sad again
But don't forget the songs that made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you

The passing of time leaves empty lives waiting to be filled
I'm here with the cause, I'm holding the torch
In the corner of your room (can you hear me?)
And when you're dancing and laughing and finally living
Hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly

Do you love me like you used to?

the Smiths, Rubber ring (1986)
Chloé ZhaoNomadland  (2020)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire